The Wallaces's Note:
Posted for ZWT6: Middle East. Adapted from Bon Appetit. If you want to use lemon oil, directions are at the end of the recipe. Lemon oil must be made 3 weeks in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon, zest of, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lemon oil or 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably hot
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, halved lengthwise
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1Stir together the zest, lemon juice, lemon oil, 1 tablespoon of the mint, half the garlic, the paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper with a fork, in a large bowl.
- 2Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 4Preheat the broiler.
- 5Place the chicken on the broiler pan and broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat, turning once, for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- 6Transfer the chicken to a platter, garnish with the lemon wedges, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon mint and garlic, and serve.
- 7To make 1 cup lemon oil, put a cup of extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, or vegetable oil in a jar with 3 tablespoons of finely grated lemon zest. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 weeks, shaking occasionally. Pour through a strainer and transfer to a jar. Discard the zest and refrigerate the oil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Lemon, Cumin, and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 218.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of