Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture and shake off excess.
- In a large frying pan, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, until opaque throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Remove and set aside. Add shallots to the pan and cook until just soft, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan along with any juices that have collected.
- Increase heat to medium high; add lemon juice and brandy. Ignite carefully with a match.
- After flames subside, transfer chicken and sauce to a serving platter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.