Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Mom's favorite casserole
Make and share this Chicken With Lemon and Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 fryer, cut up
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1⁄3 cup green olives
- Heat oil in casserole dish.
- Stir in onion, garlic, onion, and spices.
- Add chicken pieces, turn to coat with herbs.
- Arrange lemon wedges on top.
- Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, 1 1/2 - 2 hours
- Remove chicken and lemon to warm serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook liquid, stirring constantly, over high heat to form a thick sauce.
- Add olives and heat through.
- Pour over chicken and serve.