Recipe by Southern Lady
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounded so refreshing and perfect for a Spring/Summer entree. I may sear first, then broil.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or seasoned pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broiler; line a broiler pan with foil and oil the rack.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Put chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound to thin to an even thickness Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on oiled broiler rack.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 seconds.
- Broil the chicken for about 12 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning about halfway through the cooking time. Drizzle each chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon of the lemon mixture 1 minute before it's finished.
- Serve chicken with the remaining sauce.