Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. June 2003.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side. Add wine, rind, juice, fennel seeds, and garlic.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer mixture 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
This proved to be a great idea. Cooking iwith white wine and lemon by itself is great, but when you add fennel seeds, wow. We will definitely have this again. Hubby loved this.