Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The lemon and basil sauce can also be served with other meat dishes.
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- The sauce: (Can be made several hours before required. Store in refrigerator.).
- Place breadcrumbs in a food processor or blender.
- Add oil, lemon juice, basil, garlic and sugar into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to medium pan and stir gently over low heat until heated.
- The chicken-------------------:
- Place chicken on cold, lightly oiled tray.
- Brush chicken with oil.
- Cook under medium-high heat, 5 minutes each side or until tender.
- Garnish with basil and serve with sauce.