Recipe by Chef HMan
I posted this recipe in the past and the other night I made many changes which I hope many of you will enjoy this new and improved recipe!
Top Review by Oliver's mommy
Really excellent! I didn't have half/half so I just skipped it and made the rest like the recipe. I didn't have egg noodles either so I served it on an ancient grain rice mix. Mu husband and son loved it too. Thanks!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 leeks, sliced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 small diced onion
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- poultry seasoning
- egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large deep skillet heat the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle generously all over with Poultry Seasoning,( I like to use Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Seasoning).
- Brown the chicken and remove from pan.
- Keep the juices in the pan and saute the leeks for 3-4 minutes, add more oil if needed.
- Once the leeks are almost soft add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the half and half, chicken broth, wine, mustard stir, add kosher salt and pepper to taste. Bring to almost a boil and turn down to simmer.
- Add the chicken and cover, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for another 12 minutes, add more broth if needed, cook to desired thickness, making sure to have enough sauce to pour over noodles.
- Pour over cooked egg noodles and enjoy!