Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 leeks, sliced (white part only)
- In a small bowl, combine celery seed, chili powder and onion salt. Sprinkle over chicken, coating well.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 20 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Remove to serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan. Return to medium heat. Add peppers and leeks.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring, until leeks are soft. Serve over chicken.