Recipe by Marla in California
Since I had some chicken thighs, leeks and mushrooms in the refrigerator, I decided to get creative and make something for lunch using the available ingredients. While I was eating lunch, my piano tuner came in and had to try a taste because it smelled so good. He gave it a rave review and I thought that it was really good as well. I am on WW and doing the core program. This recipe fits into the perimeters for the core plan.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is a good chicken recipe. Leeks, mushrooms and chicken are a wonderful combination. I added a bit more broth as it was simmering (some of it simmered off). It seemed a bit "tomatoey" so I added a little soy sauce and about 1 tbsp of brown sugar. Delicious! Thanx for sharing; I'll make this again.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced leek
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- season salt
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in non stick skillet.
- Sprinkle on season salt, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown chicken in hot olive oil.
- Add leeks and mushrooms, stir in tomato paste, and chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until chicken juices run clear, about 15-20 minutes.