Recipe by GinnyP
This recipe is from my friend, Tadd M. Gunther, Executive Chef at the Green Valley Spa in St. George, Utah. When they came out with their new cookbook, I asked Tadd if I could share one of the recipes, and did he have one he particularly liked. This is the one he suggested. Enjoy!
- 4 slices lemons, 1/4 inch thick, seeded if necessary
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olive, minced or ground
- 2 teaspoons feta cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 sheets parchment paper, folded in half and cut into a heart shape
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeded, skinned and diced
- 1⁄2 cup summer squash, diced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced
- 4 tablespoons tomatoes, skinned and seeded
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken broth
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pan with vegetable spray and saute' lemon slices on both sides until dark in color.
- Place lemon slices on a plate and coat well with honey--allow to cool before use.
- Combine olives, cheese, lemon zest and garlic and set aside.
- Slice chicken breast almost in half lenthwise; open to make an envelope (butterfly).
- Place 1/4 of the olive mixture in the chicken, fold back over.
- Open parchment paper heart, spray with pan spray.
- Place 1/2 ounce each of cucumber, squash and zucchini on one side.
- Add 1 tsp of parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/2 tsp chicken broth over that.
- Place one stuffed chicken breast on top of vegetables.
- Add freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 T of diced fresh tomato.
- Sprinkle with parsley and top with a coated lemon slice.
- Fold over paper, crimp edges all around tight.
- Bake in a hot 400 degree F oven 15 to 25 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Cut an"X" in the top of the parchment paper and serve in the paper.
- HELPFUL HINTS: A thermometer placed in the thickest part of the chicken breast should read 165F when done.
- Any assortment of fresh vegetables will work with this recipe with the exception of broccoli, cauliflower or cabbage.
- For gluten-free, assure that your feta is gf, as well as your chicken broth, if not homemade.