1/5 Photos of Chicken With Jalapeno Popper Sauce
Easy chicken recipe with a to-die-for sauce. You'll want to serve this with tortilla chips to eat up the extra sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 -1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1In large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper toweling and then crumble.
- 2Drain off all but 1 tablespoon grease (reserve grease).
- 3Pound chicken breasts slightly to even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook chicken in bacon grease over medium heat until done, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to heated platter and cover with foil.
- 5In same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon grease along with jalapenos and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add garlic and stir another minute, then add chicken broth to deglaze pan, scaping up brown bits.
- 7Add cream cheese and stir until melted, then add cheddar and stir until melted.
- 8Stir in cilantro and crumbled bacon.
- 9Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped avocados if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Jalapeno Popper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.0
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 157.7 mg
- Sodium 595.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 41.0 g