Recipe by JacquelineS
Yummy tender broiled chicken.
Top Review by northernmom
I had some plain yoghurt in the fridge that I wanted to use up. This recipe seemed to be the one that caught my eye. I had a lovely Madras curry powder in my pantry and found the yoghurt marinade tasty. We enjoyed the chicken very much, served with rice. I wish I had cooked this outside, however, the aroma of this dish remained in the house for a long time. I woke in the middle of the night thinking someone was cooking nearby, only to realize, oh no, that smell is still lingering! On the weekend I had carpet cleaning arranged! Lucky me. I would cook this one again (just outside) :)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Place chicken in a shallow pan and cover with yogurt mixture, turning to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Broil 6 inches from heat, about 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.