Recipe by jonesies
This dish is equally delicious at room temperature and it's great for picnics. If you like, double the amount of honey-mustard mixture and set aside half to use as a dipping sauce. Note: this recipe calls for a one hour refrigeration time before cooking (not accounted for in cooking time). Taken from the Family Circle Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together mustard, honey, lemon juice, oregano and cloves in shallow pie plate.
- Dip chicken in mustard mixture to coat.
- Dip in bread crumbs to coat.
- Place on wire rack that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay chicken pieces on baking sheet.
- Drizzle chicken with oil.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
- Serve with additional sauce if desired.