Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a super simple recipe that has a wonderful end result. I have been thinking of new recipes that are fuss free lately, as I have been helping my sister out and been getting home later in the evening. The absolute last thing I want is to have to spend ages preparing a meal, I have been trying to have recipes either ready to go when I get in or ones that do not require lots of prep or cooking time. I came up with this one last week and it was really good and the left over chicken was just as good the next day.
- Either keep chicken whole or cut into pieces and place in an oven proof dish.
- Combine honey and wine in a pan, stir over heat until honey becomes liquid.
- Blend lemon juice, soy sauce and cornflour together.
- Add chives, garlic, ginger and cornflour mixture to honey and wine. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Pour over chicken, bake uncovered in a moderate (180c) oven for 30 minutes.
- I served mine over a nice mixed salad, but serve with whatever you want it is summer here hence the salad. It would be nice with veg and potato if it was colder.
This was a very interesting chicken dish...we have never had honey chicken before, and though some of us found the dish to be a tad to sweet, the flavors did blend together well. We served the chicken over Lo-Mein noodles and stir fried peppers, zucchini, and snap peas. When looking over the recipe, I didn't clue in to the fact that a store bought rotisserie chicken could be used, so I cooked chicken breasts in a little olive oil before making the sauce. I personally think a little more spice would help offset the sweetness of the chicken. Made and reviewed for the 48th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
This is really good chicken dish with the seasonings all coming together nicely. I served over longgrain and wild rice. I especially liked how the BBQChicken flavor is just subtle enough to not overpower. I think this would be equally as good w/a regular rotisserie chicken as well. Maybe even a few hot redpepperflakes to add a bit of nip. Glad I tagged for AURecipeswap!~
Loved, loved, loved the chicken prepared this way. What a great idea, using a store bought cooked chicken. It was quick and easy to throw together and definitely company worthy. We really enjoyed the flavor of the honey glaze, the spices & seasonings were perfect and the chicken was very tender. I served this with mashed potatoes and steamed carrotes, it doesn't get much better than this. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe Flying Chef, we will be enjoying this for years to come.