This is a super simple recipe that has a wonderful end result. I have been thinking of new recipes that are fuss free lately, as I have been helping my sister out and been getting home later in the evening. The absolute last thing I want is to have to spend ages preparing a meal, I have been trying to have recipes either ready to go when I get in or ones that do not require lots of prep or cooking time. I came up with this one last week and it was really good and the left over chicken was just as good the next day.
- Either keep chicken whole or cut into pieces and place in an oven proof dish.
- Combine honey and wine in a pan, stir over heat until honey becomes liquid.
- Blend lemon juice, soy sauce and cornflour together.
- Add chives, garlic, ginger and cornflour mixture to honey and wine. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Pour over chicken, bake uncovered in a moderate (180c) oven for 30 minutes.
- I served mine over a nice mixed salad, but serve with whatever you want it is summer here hence the salad. It would be nice with veg and potato if it was colder.