1/11 Photos of Chicken With Honey
1 hr 15 mins
This dish is a native of Africa. The chicken and honey mix to make a wonderful dish. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons low-fat margarine
- salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1In pan, heat butter and oil.
- 2Brown chicken in this mixture.
- 3Season with salt & pepper if desired, remove.
- 4In remaining fat, cook onion and garlic until clear.
- 5Add ground or crushed almonds, basil, pepper, and honey and cook, stirring, until mixture is well blended.
- 6Combine broth and cornstarch and add to pan; cook, stirring, over high heat until sauce thickens.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice.
- 8Place chicken in a casserole dish, spooning sauce over.
- 9Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Honey
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 140.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth