Recipe by ~Leslie~
This dish is a native of Africa. The chicken and honey mix to make a wonderful dish. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by mummamills
this is a lovely, easy recipe. Made as written, maybe cooked a little longer, and the chicken was moist and tender, the sauce complimenting it wonderfully.
Made for Aussie swap July 2010
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons low-fat margarine
- salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In pan, heat butter and oil.
- Brown chicken in this mixture.
- Season with salt & pepper if desired, remove.
- In remaining fat, cook onion and garlic until clear.
- Add ground or crushed almonds, basil, pepper, and honey and cook, stirring, until mixture is well blended.
- Combine broth and cornstarch and add to pan; cook, stirring, over high heat until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish, spooning sauce over.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.