Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
amazingly easy basil chicken recipe, easily competes with thai restaurant's version (if you can get the fresh thai basil). can be made with beef although i never have...
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (with seeds for more heat)
- 1 lb chicken, ground finely in food processor
- 1 large onions, halved and pole sliced or 2 small onions
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce, plus
- 1 -2 tablespoon fish sauce, if needed to taste
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 60 fresh holy basil leaves (or one bunch in styrofoam tray)
- in a wok or frying pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic and chili, stirring well, until the garlic begins to brown.
- add the minced chicken and stir fry over a high heat, breaking apart the meat and mixing in the garlic and chili.
- add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and continue to stir fry until the chicken is cooked through, turn onto dish and serve with brown rice and red bell pepper rings.