Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I recently went to Maui and bought some guava butter. It inspired me to make this dish. It's not too sweet, with a kick of heat. It's healthy too! I think you could substitute a tablespoon of butter and add guava paste or your favorite jam as a variation. I know I don't normally have guava butter lying around.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons guava butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Grill chicken as preferred (grill, indoor foreman grill, grill pan, etc.) until meat is no longer pink.
- While chicken is grilling, melt butter in small saucepan on medium until transparent.
- Add shallots and stir until they lose their firmness.
- Add wine, sherry, and chili paste.Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce forms a glaze. Watch it more closely near the end.
- Plate chicken and spoon sauce evenly over all. Serve with veggies and rice or bread, if desired.