2 hrs 35 mins
An easy grits and chicken recipe. Found online and posted for Cookgirl! (Passive time is to allow grits to cool)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in grits and cook according to package directions.
- 2Spoon grits into a greased 9-inch square baking pan; cover and chill until firm.
- 3Rub chicken breasts with the ground cumin.
- 4Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add chicken and cook, turning, for about 12 minutes, or until brown and fork tender.
- 6Remove chicken from skillet and drain on paper towels; cover and keep warm.
- 7Invert baking pan to remove grits. Cut into 4 squares, then cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles.
- 8In same skillet, heat pan drippings to medium temperature.
- 9Add grits and sauté, turning once, about 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
- 10To serve:.
- 11Cut each chicken breast into slices.
- 12Place chicken slices from one breast half on each serving plate with 2 grits cakes on the side.
- 13Spoon Spicy Southern Salsa over the grits cakes.
- 14Spicy Southern Salsa.
- 151 cup corn kernels, cooked and drained.
- 161 cup black-eyed peas, cooked and drained.
- 171 medium tomato, seeded and chopped.
- 181/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced.
- 191/4 cup chopped green onions.
- 202 tablespoons minced fresh basil.
- 211 small jalapeno, seeded and finely minced.
- 221 clove garlic, minced.
- 231/4 teaspoon salt.
- 241/8 teaspoon pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Grits
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 414.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 30.8 g