Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1360.77 g chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 59.14 ml minced onion
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml dry red wine
- 59.14 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml green olives, pitted
- minced fresh parsley
- Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Add to skillet and brown well on all sides.
- Add onion, garlic, bay leaves and season to taste.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine and cook until evaporated.
- Blend in tomato paste and paprika.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add broth; cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Add olives and cook until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Great served with egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Excellent! Had to make it a day before and I must say that the flavors developed even more! The olives really add to the dish. I served it with plain macaroni and steamed broccoli.
Wow!!!! what can I say. This was fantastic. I had all the ingredients on hand in my freezer, fridge and pantry, so that is a BIG plus and the next plus was it was so easy to put together. This was a great family meal, but I also plan to serve it next time we have company. The only thing I had doubts about was how far to reduce the wine in step 6. I reduced it until it was sticky and just covering the onions without them burning. Oh, and the only green olives we keep are already pitted and stuffed with anchovies which went really well with the other flavours.
This is excellent! The meld of flavors is sensational...I will make this again. I served the chicken with a wild rice pilaf, garden salad, & crusty bread to mop up the sauce.