Top Review by Pets'R'us
Excellent! Had to make it a day before and I must say that the flavors developed even more! The olives really add to the dish. I served it with plain macaroni and steamed broccoli.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted
- minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Add to skillet and brown well on all sides.
- Add onion, garlic, bay leaves and season to taste.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine and cook until evaporated.
- Blend in tomato paste and paprika.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add broth; cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Add olives and cook until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Great served with egg noodles or mashed potatoes.