Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking Club magazine.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can salsa verde (green chili sauce)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt. Dip in flour, shaking off excess. Heat large skillet over med-high heat until hot. Add oil; heat until hot. Cook chicken in batches 8-10 minutes or until golden, turning once. Remove chicken.
- Cook onion and garlic in same skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in salsa verde, water and cilantro. Return chicken to skillet. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from heat; place chicken on platter.
- Whisk sour cream into onion mixture (do not boil); pour over chicken.