Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
Got this easy, interesting and delicious recipe from my friend Pat in Colorado.
- 1 cup granny smith apple, cored, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dried chipotle powder (use more or less depending on spice tolerance)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
CHILE SPICE MIX
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- SALSA: Mix first 7 ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Mix together the Chile Spice Mix.
- Rub chicken with a little olive oil and coat with spice mix.
- Grill over medium heat for 6 - 8 minutes. Do not overcoook.
- To ensure especially moist meat, brine the chicken breasts at least 4 hours. There are great brine recipes on this site.
- Plate a portion of the salsa and a chicken breast. Serve.