Recipe by diner524
Posting for Britain ZWT6. This was found on All British Food.com. Everyday chicken takes on a note of luxury, in this pretty dish with its garnish of seedless green grapes. The creamy sauce is well flavoured with lemon and herbs, and the recipe is ready in little more than 30 minutes from start to finish. I don't care for rosemary so thats why I added fresh herb of choice.
Top Review by twissis
Made as written for ZWT6, we were a house a bit divided on your recipe & I win in all such cases. DH loved the esp tender & flavorful breast meat, but thot the grapes oddly out-of-place. I liked all things about this recipe. The meat was fork-tender + well-flavored by the rosemary, the sauce luxurious & the grapes gave it texture + a mild release of sweetness in ea bite. This is a quick & easy fix for a workday & bound to be family-friendly too. I strained the sauce & suggest that if bits & pieces of pan drippings are unsightly. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinned)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon (lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or fresh herb of choice)
- salt and pepper
- 5 fluid ounces half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces green grapes, halved and seedless
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and cook quickly until lightly browned on both sides.
- Reduce the heat and add the stock, lemon rind and juice and rosemary. Season to taste, cover and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, cover and keep warm. Boil the cooking juices to reduce a little. Add the chicken, cream and grapes and heat through gently, then adjust seasoning.
- Serve with noodles or boiled rice.