Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in chicken leg quarters or 2 lbs bone-in chicken leg quarters, skinned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 large shallots, peeled, quartered
- fresh thyme sprig, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F In 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Add chicken to skillet; cook 8 minutes, turning once, until browned. Remove skillet from heat.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining 1 teaspoon oil, the grapes, chopped thyme and shallots. Spoon grape mixture around chicken in skillet. Bake uncovered 22 to 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F).
- To serve, spoon grape mixture and shallots evenly over chicken. Garnish with time.
- SERVING TIP: Serve with brown rice or a multigrain rice mix to complete the meal.