Recipe by Barb Witherspoon
From Martha Stewart's email newsletter. I haven't yet tried it, but it does sound good! The recipe suggested serving it over Asian noodles or steamed rice.
- 1 piece fresh ginger, three-inches, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak ginger in cold water 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat
- Brown chicken in two batches, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook ginger, onion, and garlic, stirring until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; cook over high heat until thick, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken; stir to warm.
- Remove from heat; stir in scallions.