Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can also serve this Asian dish over Chinese noodles, available in most supermarkets, or steamed rice.
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 3-inch, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- Soak ginger in cold water 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; brown chicken in two batches, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook ginger, onion, and garlic, stirring until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; cook over high heat until thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken; stir to warm. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.
Very good! I love the flavor of ginger and this dish is perfect! I didn't have scallions, that would have made it even better! I served it over brown rice. This is simple and healthy and flavorful! Thanks!