Recipe by Julesong
I collected this easy recipe for my friend Gene long ago. I personally am not fond of gin, but he is, so I put this recipe in my Wednesday, January 30th, 2002 LJ entry. It appears, from searching online, that I got the recipe from the UK Bafferts Gin Food Recipes website. The gin and juniper could be easily swapped with sherry and some other herb or spice, too, for a completely different taste.
- 1 ounce butter
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
- 1⁄4 pint red wine
- 4 tablespoons gin
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries, lightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pan, melt the butter and brown the chicken fillets. Transfer to ovenproof dish. Do not clean out the pan!
- In the same pan, cook the onion until soft, stirring occasionally.
- In a food processor or blender, add all the remaining ingredients and puree.
- Add pureed mixture to onions in pan, heat through, pour over the browned chicken in the ovenproof dish, and cover.
- Bake covered in 350 degree F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with rice.