Recipe by IronChefArtemslore
Browned baked chicken, with a potato in a garlic wine sauce. It works at my house! I do not include a lot of salt in my recipes, so you may have to add more to taste.
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 chicken pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 baking potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 20 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes and slice them every 1/8 inch slices down the spine. But be careful to cut only 3/4 through (like Hasselback Potatoes).
- Mix chicken through prepared potatoes in a dish and let marinate overnight.
- Day Two: Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a fry pan on the stove top on high till hot, then turn the heat down to medium high. Remove chicken from marinade (but keep the liquid), salt and pepper both sides of the meat and sear the chicken in the fry pan till brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place the browned chicken on a greased baking sheet (which has a rim to catch the chicken juices).
- Add the 1 cup of chicken broth to the potatoes (still in the dish from last night, with the wine). Pop the potatoes into the oven at the same time as the chicken Cover (potatoes only) tightly with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- On the stove top, brown the garlic cloves in the same pan you seared the chicken inches.
- When the cloves are browned, open the oven and add them to have potatoes pan, then recover potatoes.
- Hear the timer, 25 minutes are gone already! You will want to take the chicken out of the oven. Leave the spuds in and set timer for another 25 minutes. (The potatoes need 50 minutes to cook, If you used chicken pieces cook the pieces for 30 minutes total).
- When the potatoes are cooked plate out your meal. Pour the wine sauce over the chicken and potatoes. Divide the garlic cloves among the dinners. The potato is best after smashing a garlic clove (or six) on it!