Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I originally made this using a recipe I found in an italian cookbook. I don't have the book anymore, so I've had to make this from memory, and it gets better everytime! If they're in season, you can add fresh tomatoes. Serve this over pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, whatever you choose. Refrigerates and reheats well.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine (use more or less depending on your preference)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 2 green peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown chicken with olive oil until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside for later.
- In same pan, add garlic and wine. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add onions and green peppers. Cook covered until onions and peppers are tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken. Stir.
- Simmer covered until all flavors combine.