Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from "Light And Tasty" magazine August/Sept 2005. I made this from the recipe in the magazine and it was very good. I used regular tomatoes and did not seed them. I did not have any Italian tomatoe sauce so I used regular and added basel thyme and organo. It looks like too many carrots, but it is better with a lot of them. Depending on how much liquid is in the final mix you might want to not cover the pan in the final step and reduce it some.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or more)
- 2 medium carrots, thin sliced
- 1 cup of italian tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- hot cooked pasta, your choice
- Pepper the chicken both sides then in a large non-stick pan on medium - high heat brown chicken breasts in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- When done remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet saute Tomatoes and garlic adding a little more oil if needed for one minuite.
- Add Carrots saute for 2-3 minutes depending how done you would like them this may not be long enough.
- Combine the tomato sauce, broth, paste and rosemary stir well then add to the skillet then bring to a boil. Reduce heat return chicken to pan, cover& simmer for 10-12 minute serve over pasta.