Recipe by I'mPat
From our local paper. I haven't had the chance to try this yet, so times are estimated. Suggested to serve with greens (snow peas, sugar snap peas or brocolli) and wedges of lemon. Was also suggested that skinless thigh could be used. I personally would serve with salad greens (young baby leaves) and the lemon wedges.
Top Review by mama smurf
Fabulous recipe!!! I cut the recipe in half and used jalapenos for the chilies and DH and I totally loved this. I served it with Recipe#276064#276064 and sauteed snow peas, brocolli and onions. Made for a wonderful meal. Thank you. Made for Herb & Spice of the month of February -- Bay.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (freshly ground or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (needles, finely chopped)
- 2 -4 chilies (sliced or to your taste)
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 6 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into 3 or 4 even sized pieces.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and dust the sections in it.
- Heat a heavy large frypan/skillet to medium hot and add oil and butter.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until golden brown and cooked through. If you frypan/skillet is small you may have to do this in 2 batches.
- Add rosemary, chillies, garlic and bay leaves to the pan and cook until garlic starts to colour.
- Pour over lemon juice and serve with greens and lemon wedges.