Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
from Allrecipes - the Daily Dish
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with garlic slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle over the chicken. Top with tomato slices.
- Bake covered in the preheated oven 25 minutes. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Very tasty and attractive chicken dish. Everyone enjoyed it. The tomatoes were what really made it special, as they imparted a deliciously sweet flavour and kept the chicken very moist. However, the inside of the chicken was slightly bland and perhaps next time I will make a marinade out of the spices for it. But overall, a very good recipe that i will probably make again. *Made for Spring PAC 2009*
We had a lot of fresh basil and parsley in our garden that needed to be used, so we used that instead of dried. Also only used 2 breasts but kept the rest of the recipe the same (they were big-ish breasts). The tomatoes are a delightful touch and the chicken came out nice and juicy. Ate it with garlic & olive oil cous cous on the side. Very tasty dish! Thank you. There are so few recipes that call for basil and parsley together, and we always have a lot of it handy so it was nice to put them together.