Recipe by grapefruit
This is an everyday chicken recipe that's pretty easy to put together.
Top Review by kittylovequiero
I followed this receipe exactly except for the nigella seeds. My husband said he liked it, however for me it was good, but it could hav been much more spicy. I had it with salad as suggested, however next time I have it with rice.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nigella seeds
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -7 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups pre-soaked garbanzo beans
- 4 -5 whole green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil.
- Fry onion till brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, black pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric and nigella seeds (mixed with a little water to make a paste).
- Stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry till tomatoes are soft.
- Add drumsticks, fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add red chili powder and salt and mix well. Let chicken cook in its own water for a few mins or add 1/2 - 1 cup water and the garbanzo beans, mix well.
- Cover and let cook till chicken and beans soft and oil rises to the surface.
- (NOTE: if using canned beans, it won't take very long for this curry to cook).
- Toss in whole green chillies, cover and turn off heat.
- Serve in 5 minutes.
- Serve with a simple salad.