Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil
- heat the oil in a nonstick skillet.
- sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the rosemary and salt and add to the skillet.
- saute the chicken until browned and cooked through and remove to platter.
- then add the shallot and garlic to the same skillet.
- cook 2 minutes till softened, add the vinegar and stir to scrape up browned bits.
- cook till almost evaporated.
- stir in tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the tomatoes just begin to soften, abouth 3 minutes.
- stir in basil, spoon sauce over chicken.
Fantastic! I actually baked my chicken instead of cooking it in a skillet. I omitted the salt and shallot and used dried basil. I could've eaten the sauce on anything. I will definitely be making this again!