This dish is light and so tasty! It has a mexican-like flavor. Its versatile enough that you could change up ingredients, adding more veggies, maybe red and yellow peppers, adding cheeses, but its really yummy as is too! Great for a dinner party, presentation is beautiful! Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced to pane thinness, slice each breast to make thinner slices)
- 2 potatoes (sliced, medium, no-too-thick thickness)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced thin in circles
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or any hot pepper of your choice, finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 9.85-14.78 ml tomato paste
- 1 large tomato (chopped)
- 0.25 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 59.16-88.74 ml butter
- olive oil
- 29.58 ml cream cheese
- 14.79 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- adobo seasoning, if you have- not necessary really (optional)
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 0.5-0.75 ml red hot sauce (i.e. Franks Red Hot, any cayenne pepper sauce)
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- colored tortilla chips (for presentation)
- To prepare the sauce:.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and a bit of olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions, pepper, garlic and sauté until tender. Add 2-3 teaspoons of tomato paste, stir around until all coated. Add chopped tomato, stir around, add a bit of water, like ½ cup or so to give some liquid. Add lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a tablespoon of cumin. Add a few dashes of Red Hot.
- A tumeric and a dash of dry adobo spice if you are using. Add fresh, chopped cilantro, approx.1/2 cup or so, you can’t go wrong on amount.
- Cover and simmer until almost a liquid, approximately 30 minutes. If it gets too thick, you can always add some water.
- When sauce is finished, it should be a semi-thick consistency. Add two tablespoons of cream cheese and stir until melted, stir in one tablespoon of heavy cream, cover and keep warm. (if too thick, add a little water to loosen).
- To prepare chicken/potatoes:.
- In a large frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and a bit of olive oil.
- Add sliced, salt and peppered potato slices and fry on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer to platter and cover with foil to keep warm and to get a bit soft from the steam being covered.
- In same pan add sliced onions, brown in oil until done, spoon atop potato slices, cover to keep warm.
- In same pan, add more butter/oil. Add chicken breasts and sauté on each side on low heat, keeping covered, then uncovering when almost done to brown nice.
- Transfer these to platter and arrange on top of potato/onion slices.
- Drizzle the sauce atop these and around the platter.
- Serve extra sauce in a dish on top of a plate decorated with colored tortilla chips.
- Garnish chicken platter edges with sliced tomatoes and springs of fresh cilantro if you like.