1/1 Photo of Chicken With Fresh Mushrooms & Snow Peas
AKA as "Moo Goo gai pan". Found this recipe about 20 + years ago in a local grocery store flyer. I tweaked it a bit & came up with this.....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay each chicken breast flat on the cutting board & slice as thin as possible. (This is much easier if they're slightly frozen OR ask your butcher to do it.).
- 2In a large bowl, toss the chicken & cornstarch until well coated.
- 3Add the egg whites, cooking sherry, ginger & 1 teaspoons salt & mix thoroughly.
- 4Snap off the tips of the snow peas, if need be.
- 5Have everything within easy reach when ready to cook.
- 6Heat a 10-12 inches skillet over high heat for 30 seconds.
- 7Pour in 1 T. cooking oil & swirl around pan & heat for another 30 seconds.
- 8TURN DOWN HEAT IF OIL STARTS TO SMOKE.
- 9Add the mushrooms, snow peas & ½ teaspoons salt.
- 10Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- 11Transfer the vegetables to a warm platter & set aside.
- 12Add 3 T. cooking oil to the pan & heat for 30 seconds.
- 13Add the sliced chicken &stirring constantly, cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is firm & white.
- 14Return the vegetables to the pan & combine with the chicken.
- 15Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Fresh Mushrooms & Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 935.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 17.7 g