Adapted from Southern Living. Serve this over pasta and you'll have a one-dish meal. You could also add some zucchini to this, or substitute any other vegetables you enjoy.
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 88.74 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 10 large mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, chopped or 14.79 ml dried basil
- 14.79 ml fresh oregano, chopped or 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- Dredge chicken in mixture of breadcrumbs and 4 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and bell pepper to skillet; saute' 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, and salt; return chicken to skillet. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in basil, oregano, and remaining 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Very good, classic tastes! We made this with only 2 chicken breast halves (but all the veggies and, ahem, parmesan ;-) and had as a chicken-and-veggies meal for two. Nice stuff! Next time I'll add some red onion and cook for a shorter time - for a bit more bite in both taste and texture. Thank you for sharing!
This is sooooooooooo good!
This was excellent! :) I did do something different in that I baked the chicken on a sheet pan and vegies (with oil and seasonings in a foil packet) along side in the oven. When they both were done, (about an hour at 350) I topped the chicken with the vegetables. I used a combination of bell pepper and added some onion. This was only made for 2 servings, and I 'm having the second half tonight. I made Herb-Roasted Potatoes to go with it, instead of pasta or rice. Thank you so much for the great dinner(s).