Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
from "two fat als" - http://twofatals.com/?p=370
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 fresh figs, halved
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- salt and pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add chicken breasts and brown both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add wine and figs, and sprinkle rosemary and remaining 1/2 tsp paprika on top. Turn heat to medium, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Move chicken from pan to a plate, and let it rest covered.
- Let the wine and fig sauce reduce without a cover for an additional 5 minutes, until thickened. Divide chicken breasts among plates, and pour sauce on top.