Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my favorite Madame Wong recipes! The chili paste makes it delicious and spicy.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- peanut oil, for stir-frying
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece ginger, thin,julienne
- 1 scallion, julienne
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, 1 inch in length,julienne
- 1⁄4 red pepper, julienne
- 1⁄4 green pepper, julienne
- 1⁄4 cup bamboo shoot, julienne
- 4 dried black mushrooms, soaked in boiling water 20 minutes,stems removed,julienne
- 1⁄2 box firm tofu, drained and julienne (tofu)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine chicken shreds with salt, egg white and cornstarch.
- Mix lightly with hand.
- In a wok, heat 1 1/2 T.
- oil until hot.
- Add chicken, stir to separate, cook until no longer pink.
- Remove and set aside.
- Wipe out wok with paper towel.
- Heat 2 T.
- oil in wok.
- Stir-fry garlic, ginger and scallion 1 minute.
- Add carrots, peppers, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Remove to bowl.
- Reheat 2 T.
- oil in wok.
- Add bean curd.
- Stir-fry gently for 1 minute.
- Add all vegetables.
- Add chicken.
- Stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Pour in sauce mixture.
- Stir-fry 2 minutes more.
- Serve hot over steamed rice.
This was lovely. We really enjoyed it. We doubled the sauce (we like sauce) which worked out fine for us. We also deleted the tofu because I just can't cook with it.
I am so happy I have refound this recipe. This is the best chinese chicken recipe ever! I've been making this for the past 20 years and have not found another recipe to replace it. Please try it because you will definately like it!