Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
From "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever"
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (1 2/3 ounce) boxes chicken, dijon recipe mix such as knorr
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 grated lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces dried mission figs, halved
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, and thighs
- In a 4 quart electric slow cooker, mix together the chicken broth, [Knorr] recipe mix, cinnamon, garlic and zest and juice of the lemon.
- Stir in the onion and figs.
- Push the chicken pieces down into the mixture in the pot.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 4 and 1/2 hours or until the chiken is cooked through and tender but still moist.