Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This dish gets five stars by my family - and the neighbors who came to dinner the night I first made it!
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This was absolutely gorgeous, the flavour was awesome. I did add a little cornflour at the end, and I mean little, as I found the sauce a bit thin. Apart from that, it was amazing the flavour was so good. I served mine over garlic and spinach tagliatelle and topped with grated parmesan cheese and extra fresh parsley. I would recommend making extra as all my family asked for more:) Wonderful post and this will definitely become a regular in our house. Huge thumbs up by all.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness.
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender.
- Add basil, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, cream, parsley and tomatoes. Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Arrange chicken over fettuccine; top with sauce.
- Yield: 6 servings.