Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are a feta lover then this is one recipe you will have to try, it is so good!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (use half and half for a more creamier taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and cut in chunks
- 6 ounces feta cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- Cook rice in water until cooked (about 20-25 mins).
- Combine next 3 ingredients and pepper (to taste) in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken in flour to coat lightly. Reserve remaining flour mixture. Melt half the butter in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Saute chicken for 2 mins per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet, set aside Add remaining butter to skillet. Saute onions and garlic 2-3 mins, or until softened.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons remaining flour mixture and cook about 2 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Stir in milk and bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Return chicken pieces to skillet and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and feta; cook another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.
- Sprinkle with olives.
As always, Kittencal's recipe are excellent!
DH loved this recipe. I did add 1 teaspoon butter and a bit of salt to the rice while cooking. I made as directed but added 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to the onion and garlic mixture. I will probably add 1 teaspoon next time. I used 1/2 cup half and half and 1 cup 2% milk. Thanks for a nice dinner Kitten.
I had some wonderful French goat feta cheese I needed to use and this recipe fit the bill. I used half light butter and half EVOO, and 3 cloves of garlic because we are garlic lovers. I also browned the whole chicken breasts first and then cut into bite-size pieces because it is easier and much faster to do it that way. I also used skim milk mixed with fat-free half and half. This is another one of your great recipes Kittencal.