Vino Girl's Note:
From Everyday Food May 2004
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine feta and oregano.
- 2Make a pocket in chicken breasts: Holding chicken flat with palm of one hand, make an incision in thicker side of each breast with a paring knife.
- 3Stuff pockets with feta mixture; generously season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add chicken, and cook until browned on both sides, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- 6Cover skillet, and continue cooking until chicken is opaque throughout, about 5 minutes more.
- 7Remove chicken to a platter, and keep warm.
- 8Add chicken stock to the pan, and cook, stirring up brown bits with a wooden spoon until reduced slightly.
- 9Add lemon juice and butter.
- 10Reduce the heat to low, and swirl pan until butter is melted, and sauce is slightly thickened.
- 11Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.9 mg
- Sodium 434.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 43.9 g