My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 fresh tarragon sprigs
- 2 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh tarragon sprig (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Add fennel; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown.
- 3Remove from pan. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add broth, vinegar, and 2 tarragon sprigs, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 4Bring to a boil. Add fennel; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes.
- 5Add chicken; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken and fennel from pan, and keep warm.
- 7Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tomato, cream, and sugar to pan; bring to a boil.
- 8Cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- 9Serve over chicken and fennel. Garnish with additional tarragon sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Fennel Tomato and Tarragon Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 119.6 mg
- Sodium 476.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
fresh tarragon sprigs