Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really delicious with lots of flavor. Fennel imparts a mild licorice-like flavor. From the weightwatchers.com site.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, halved crosswise
- 3⁄4 lb fennel bulb
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned chicken broth
- 16 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, in juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 ounces black olives, sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, trim feathery sprigs from fennel. Finely chop and set aside 2 tablespoons. Halve and thinly slice bulb.
- In skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Sauté fennel bulb, onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and fennel sprigs.
- Bring to a simmer, then return chicken to skillet. Cook, covered, until chicken is heated through and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in olives and serve.
Very good and easy-to-make for a weeknight supper. I forgot the olives, but still a delicious and healthy dinner. Made for Zaar tag! Thanks for sharing!