Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Its a hearty meal that's really satisfying on those cold winter days or nights. I love making this for my family because its easy, tasty and you only use one pot and that makes for very easy cleanup. I was introduced to this meal by one of my good friends.
- 1 (8 ounce) package chicken thighs (boneless would work here too)
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof extra wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper (to season, I also use seasoning salt instead of salt)
- Boil chicken until tender. Drain a little of the water off.
- Add noodles and cook til tender.
- Add can of cream of chicken soup and stir until well blended.
This is very good and easy. I was a little skeptical that I would end up with too much water. I didn't. I recommend covering the chicken with water and then adding enough to have 1/2" on top. This will boil down nicely. Then pour about 1/2 cup of the water off and start cooking the noodles. I did put in 2 chicken bouillon cubes while it boiled and then another with the noodles for flavoring. The result was one of the best chicken noodle recipes I've ever made. Oh, I do recommend boneless for this dish or debone the after they boil. I also removed the skin before boiling.