1/6 Photos of Chicken With Dumplings (Slimmed Down)
10 hrs 5 mins
9 hrs 35 mins
Comfort Food without the heavy calories! from "Cooking Light" magazine (1989)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 1/2 cups water, divided
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1Place 6 cups water, chicken breasts, mushrooms carrots and onion in a large Dutch oven.
- 2Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 3Remove chicken breasts and let each cool separately.
- 4Discard skin and bones, cut chicken into bite-size pieces, and add to vegetable mixture.
- 5Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- 6Skim fat from broth and discard.
- 7Stir in poultry seasoning and next 5 ingredients.
- 8Combine 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon flour and remaining 1/2 cup of water, stir well.
- 9Bring chicken mixture to boil, stir in flour mixture.
- 10Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 35 minutes or until thickened.
- 11Combine remaining 1 cup flour and baking powder, add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 12Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into boiling broth, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until dumplings are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Dumplings (Slimmed Down)
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 319.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g