1 hr 15 mins
There is an Italian recipe I love, made with Lamb, that uses egg this way. I love it and have been wanted to try it with other things. When I saw the list of ingredients for this contest this was the first idea that came to mind. I cooked it for someone, who I thought would hate it, and he LOVED it. Serve with pasta, risotto (my choice), or polenta. As you can tell from the name, my creativity stays in the kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces, remove skin if you wish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup flour (for dredging, you may need more or less)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup raisins, plumped in hot water or 1/3 cup broth
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricot, plumped with the raisins (chop to the same size as the rasins)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon, juice of (or to taste)
- 1 (9 ounce) bag of prewashed Baby Spinach
- 1Place oil in a large skillet and warm over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and saute until opaque.
- 3Add the garlic and saute while doing the next step, don't over brown garlic.
- 4Dredge chicken pieces in flour and add them to the pan.
- 5Brown chicken turning as needed.
- 6Pour wine over chicken and deglaze pan.
- 7Cover and simmer about 1/2 hour.
- 8Add drained rasins and apricots.
- 9Simmer on low heat until the chicken begins to pull away from the bone, about another 1/2 hour.
- 10Uncover and add the spinach, let wilt while stiring into the sauce.
- 11In a small bowl beat egg yolks with lemon juice.
- 12Remove skillet from heat.
- 13Add the beaten egg yolk and stir into the sauce until it forms a creamy consistencey (don't cream the spinach, just stir everything together), coating chicken pieces with sauce.
- 14Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Dried Fruit & Spinach in a Creamy Egg Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1063.3
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 338.2 mg
- Sodium 288.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 63.1 g