Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
i haven't tried this yet but it's on tonight's menu. this is from taste of home
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 can chicken broth
- spray a pan with cooking spray.
- add chicken and brown on both sides, about 15 minutes, remove.
- add onion and garlic, cook until softened.
- add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, lower to medium heat and cook about 10 minutes until sauce thickens serve sauce over chicken.
5 star recipe. fresh rosemary a must! I also added dried craisins, very delicious. served over brown rice to ensure all the terrific sauce got soaked up. great with boneless skinless thighs,too. perfect weeknight go to dinner as it is so easy to make.
If your dinner was like mine, you were slurping up every drop of the delectable sauce. I used Splenda brown sugar and garden fresh rosemary in mine and made it as stated. To make sure the onions melted into the sauce I gave them a fairly fine dice, much as one would for a tagine. Loved the combination of flavors from the sweetness of the fruit and sugar, tartness from the vinegar, peppery from the pepper and a little herbal from the rosemary. All were present and harmonized such that each elevated the other. My only comment would be to reduce the initial cooking time and lengthen the simmer so that more of the flavor would permeate the chicken. Bravo!
Delicious, you did it again Chia. This is so yummy, DH simply loved it. Served it with baked potatoes, Sugar Peas and a green salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe.