Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this dish with wild rice and a tossed salad with chopped apples and mandarine oranges.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄2 cup ruby port
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, dried
- 1⁄4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Place flour and salt in a bag-add chicken-shake to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, cook 8 minutes on each side-depending on the size of the breasts-until done.
- Remove chicken and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add juice to skillet and the next 5 ingredients, bringing mixture to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmering for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water-add to juice mixture.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve sauce with chicken.
I love anything cherry and I had port to use up so this recipe was perfect. It was very easy to make and the whole family enjoyed it very much.
My DH had a cherry chicken dish at our favorite local French restaurant. He loved it so much that I wanted to duplicate it. While this isn't exactly what he had, it is delicious! I didn't change anything. C'est magnifique!